Monday 21 January 2013

Counting down the days/hours

It's now 2:00am and I'm chilling on my couch after finishing a 5pm-12am shift for stocktake. I wouldn't mind but stocktake is sooo boring! ):
So anyway, I'm sitting here thinking about my first appointment with my surgeon.. It's only a day away if you count yesterday (Monday) as today (Tuesday) being 2 in the morning, If you get what I mean :)

Or, 33 hours away! Wowzers!

I don't know what to expect. I know I need the surgery, however if they don't accept it on the public health system, I won't be getting it. Unfortunately I don't have a spare 50 odd thousand dollars..
I have so many things running through my brain, what do I ask? What can I expect them to look at? What procedure will they determined will be best? Recovery time? bands or wire? what will i look like afterwards? Soooo many questions!

I don't think I'm nervous just yet, just very excited :D

1 comment:

  1. Hello Skye (beautiful name btw), just thought I'd wish you luck with the appointment and I have my fingers crossed that you can have the surgery funded. Waiting for big appointments is such a nerve racking time.

    I started following your blog - not sure how I did it, but your blog link appears on my blog and it show's up in my google reader too. Looking forward to watching your progress :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete